If your cholesterol is too high, you’re at risk of having a heart attack or stroke. But, there are steps you can take to reduce this risk. Make time for your heart at your next doctor’s visit and ask your doctor or nurse these 5 questions.
- What are my cholesterol numbers?
- Is my cholesterol too high for me?
- If I have high cholesterol, will my family have high cholesterol too?
- What can I do to improve my cholesterol?*
- When should I follow-up about my cholesterol risk?
*If your doctor or nurse tells you that you need medicine to lower your cholesterol, ask:
- How can cholesterol medicine help me?
- Is my cholesterol high because of my genetics?
- Do my children or other family members need to be checked for high cholesterol?
- What are the medicine’s potential side effects?
Share the List